- Posted on 9. December 2010 22:43
Architecture, Engineering and Construction firms transfer large files daily, if not multiple times per day. Along with transferring files they have to stay in contact with team members to gather reviews, revisions and comments. A typical day might be filled with conversations like “Did the file come through?” “Where is the latest version of the document?” “Which team member is currently reviewing it?” “Was the new version sent to the client?”
This list of typical questions and concerns goes on and on. You can see the need to simplify and automate the process of transferring files, with the added ability to track the changes and communications in a quick and easy way.
eTransmittal was designed specifically for the needs of A/E/C firms when it comes to transferring files, and to organize the numerous revisions that are sent back and forth. There are tough project timelines and things need to move fast. Security is also a major concern because projects often include proprietary information or trademark secrets. eTransmittal has created functionality that A/E/C firms need on every level. The program lets professionals stop chasing and tracking down documents and lets them to focus on finishing the project and finding the next one.
Here are the Top 10 Benefits of eTransmittal’s File Transfer Software
1. Organize projects and keep track of all related documents.
Know who edited what and when. Documents and transfers are automatically indexed and organized in a timeline with necessary statistics. Send documents in as little as four mouse clicks.
2. Integrate and manage contacts, products, and projects with the latest revision of documents and transmittals.
In one glance know who was sent what, who signed off on which revision, and what the next step is. With just the click of the mouse, select the document to send, select the contacts and click ‘save’. The file transfer software does the rest.
3. Easily track and retrieve documents with user defined labels, filters, and powerful searches.
Use powerful features like labels, indexing and search to easily find information and assign tasks. Be able to label people and projects within multiple categories – which allows for high-powered search of everybody and every document involved in the project.
4. Collaborate with other applications using our scalable enterprise-minded software.
Make edits and comments in real time. See a timeline of all comments and revisions that have been made and know what the next step is.
5. Go live with “Live Transmittals.” Get real time status updates on your drawings and documents.
Instead of constantly tracking down the latest revision and gathering comments from several team members, get an automatic notice when a step has been completed or a revision has been made.
6. Secure your information supply chain by controlling the sending and receiving of documents.
If the last revision has been accepted or the project completed, make sure nobody can download or transfer the file. Don’t worry about having various versions of a project that have been downloaded by dozens of people.
7. Save time and money by minimizing the manual tasks involved in sending and receiving documents.
No more uploading and downloading to ftp sites. No more printing out and shipping. No more phone calls to check in on project status.
8. Reduce risks by providing an audit trail of document history and transmittals.
Know you edited what, when they did it, and what happened next.
9. Remove the manual process of managing files on FTP servers and email.
A few simple steps at the beginning and then everything else is taken care of with eTransmittal’s file transfer software.
10. Fly through our intuitive interface, regardless of training or background.
It’s easy and simple. Make edits and changes with the click of a mouse. You don’t need to be a tech-person and you don’t need to upload and download files constantly.